Professionals, amateurs and curious beginners are welcome to add their thoughts and comments on this 1st August 2012 spread asking for general insights until the Autumnal Equinox.
Overview (start middle left and count anti-clockwise)
1. The Inquirer/The Present ~ The Ten Of Swords. Invasion of security/privacy. The scars we earn enable us to provide wise counsel.
2. Past Influences ~ The Emperor. Mixed aspects of secular power and material/practical concerns.
3. Subconcious Influences ~ The Eight Of Cups. Follow your heart. The ongoing quest for emotional fulfillment.
4. Secret Desire/Wishes ~ The Three Of Wands. The growth of an idea.
5. Hidden Forces ~ The Three Of Swords. Pain/loss/destruction can be a source of strength.
6. Events To Come ~ The Six Of Cups. A trip down Memory Lane.
7. Surrounding Environment ~ The Seven Of Pentacles. Patience and hard work.
8. The Influence Of Others ~ The Ace Of Cups. Pleasure and inspiration.
9. Spiritual Forces ~ The Fool. A fresh start with equal joy and danger.
10. Final Outcome ~ Death. Unexpected change and self-resurrection.
Wow. The grouping of Death (Major Arcana) flanked by The Fool (Major Arcana) and The Ten of Swords dominates this spread. Death and The Ten side-by-side signify ferocious – even violent – upheaval, with The Fool promising an absolute fresh start. Rebirth is painful, but necessary to break out of that box in position 1!
The Emperor (2) has been oppressive instead of benign leading to tangible entrapment (1). The past couple of months have belonged to corrupt words and secular desires instead of action.
Inside (3 and 4) is an emotional drive to follow an inspirational idea. The Eight Of Cups (3) the card that represents this site and it’s author, appeared in position 10 in May. The true self should always be the ultimate outcome yet here she is diminished. The seed of an idea, already planted (4) is the key to her release. The Eight is constantly questing for that one fulfilling cup, held perhaps by The Ace – representing the influence of generous and positive “others” in position 8.
Self-inflicted pain can be debilitating but The Three Of Swords (5) remains stable on her three legs, reminding us that scars can mean strength. The Fool (9) reiterates that we should travel light and jettison the painful baggage that no longer serves us.
A nostalgic event, possibly celebratory marks the shift from present to future (6). What follow is a period of hard-work, demanding patience. The Seven Of Pentacles (7) shows a figure waiting for the seed she has planted to grow to fruitfulness – perhaps the seed planted by The Three Of Wands in position 4!
The Ace of Cups casts her inspirational light over the coming weeks. This spread is full of little hints to follow the heart, trust one’s instincts and look for support in the metaphysical rather than the secular realm.
Then there is Death and The Fool, the surest sign of a cataclysmic new beginning. It’s going to be big. It’s going to be dramatic, but it is going to be for the best.